I hope you’re ready…
…this session gets a little weird.
* Don’t let the strangeness of this session scare you off though, it wasn’t painful, just a little shocking.
KMI Rolfing’s Session 8: The Upper Deep Front Line
This is the final session in the deep core session subset of the KMI Rolfing series. As I understand it, it’s also unique to the Structural Integration approach we’re working with. This session works in the deep myofascial structures of the neck. It addresses cranium release, jaw symmetry, fascial muscle tension, sinuses and breath.
I wasn’t sure it was possible…but I think this session got a little weirder for me than that deep rib cage session we had a few weeks ago. While I have had a lot of deep neck attention in the past, I haven’t had a lot of body work done on my face. Talk about testing the boundaries of your comfort zone…this session definitely does that. Luckily, it comes a bit later in the series, when you’ve undoubtabley formed some level of trust and comfort in your Rolfer.
The Final Session in the Deep Core Series Subset
The video below delves into the reasons I found this session to be so strange. (I bet I’m not alone!) I must say that I did notice some significant change immediately upon receiving the work. At the end of this video, I also describe a (super positive) observation I’ve had since receiving the work in Session 7! This is the type of thing I’ve been waiting for since I began this series…
Have you been through the Rolfing series? I’d love to know how it went and if you noticed any ling term results. Please comment your experience below, or send me an email me at email@example.com.
Need to catch up?
- My Experience With ROLFING: The Superficial Frontline [Session 1]
- My Experience With ROLFING: The Superficial Backline [Session 2]
- My Experience With ROLFING: The Lateral Line [Session 3]
- My Experience With ROLFING: The Spiral Line [Session 4]
- My Experience With ROLFING: Lower Deep Front Line [Session 5]
- My Experience With ROLFING: Abdominal and Thoracic Core [Session 6]
- My Experience With ROLFING: Deep Back Line [Session 7]
Latest posts by LindsiKay (see all)
- Time For Another #SlackrobatsChallenge! - December 6, 2016
- AcroYoga Instagram Challenge – August 1st-10th - July 30, 2016
- THIS Is How To Make Kombucha…and Save a LOT of Money! $$ - June 5, 2016
- Join the Slackrobats and Yogaslackers for a FREE 10-day slackline challenge! [June 1 – June 10] - May 31, 2016
- A Headstand A Day Will Keep The Nerves At Bay :: Health Benefits of Headstands - May 26, 2016